Bikram yoga NYC
Bikram Yoga NYC
Loving on Hot Yoga in NYC
by bringing you Info and DEALS
Even the words “Bikram Yoga NYC” conjure up images of the hippest of hip of the hot yoga world, don’t they?
This is YOU:
- Wearing Phat Buddha Yoga Wear
- Bending like Lady Gaga on top of New York City
- Sweaty, Skinny & Loving
I spend time on Pinterest. I’ve seen images of those gorgeous and lean lady yoginis doing their hot yoga practice in front of enormous windows draped in bright and sunny yellow curtains that frame the NYC cityscape.
THAT studio, my friends, is on the Upper East Side of New York City….and YOU, lucky Manhattanite, could practice there.
This page is created as way for Bikram and Hot Yoga studios in NYC to connect with their students, both new and old.
We also want new students to easily find their way to this amazingly transformative practice of hot yoga.
So, we offer another way to love on these studios – beyond Facebook, Yelp and their own sites.
If there are deals to be had – Groupon, Living Social, etc….I will offer them here
Fun Facts About Hot Yoga in NYC
- Bikram Yoga NYC is the name of a studio with 4 locations across the city
- All other studios are Bikram Yoga in NYC
- BYNYC are Manhattan’s original bikram yoga studios, established in 1999
- There are 10 official BY Studios in Manhattan as registered on the World Headquarters affiliated studio list, in addition to 5 in Brooklyn
- There is a Moksha Yoga Studio at 6th Ave & 10th St. (I am obsessed with this style and business philosophy and I’m convinced its the next big thing.)
- There are several other non-Bikram hot yoga studios in New York (Hot Yoga NYC) such as Earth Yoga, The Yoga Room, New York Yoga HOT, Sacred Studio, and Yoga to the People
- Details.com reported BYNYC as the 2nd best Bikram Yoga Studio in America
(the same article noted that) Most celebrities go the BYNYC Midtown Studio
- Lady Gaga and Laura Linney have practiced at BYNYC
- NYC is home to Phat Buddha Wear
Here are Hot Yoga Studio Locations in Manhattan
Hot Yoga Massapequa, Massapequa, NY
(Amity Harbor, NY)
It’s hard to believe I will have been going here for almost 3 years, this coming winter.
I am not a Bikram yoga rockstar by any means, however, this studio is very welcoming.
None of the teachers make you feel uncomfortable or push you to do anything you feel your body will not allow.
I always feel okay with taking breaks.
All of the classes are taught in Bikram style and the owner and most of the teachers have been trained by Bikram himself.
It’s also pretty affordable, especially if you do an unlimited monthly package.
Last year, the owner offered a special of unlimited classes for the year for $1000, so I bought this package.
He was even willing to put it on hold for me if I needed to for any reason.
The studio is very clean and most of the students are regulars.
It gets a little crazy and crowded after the new year, especially with young high school age “kids,” but the teachers are really good about reminding them about yoga etiquette, not talking throughout class and keeping their cellphones out of the yoga room.
If you are in the area, I highly recommend checking out this studio.
You can go for 10 consecutive days, to as many classes as you want, for $20.00 if you are brand new to the studio.
Note: This comment was originally posted of I dig bikram yoga